After months of preparation and working with COSCUP team (a local co-organizer from Taiwan), COSCUP / GNOME.Asia 2010 is going to be hosted next month on August 14th and 15th in Taipei. I would like to share with you a few updates. Firstly, a total of 90 talks were received before June 25th, 2010, thanks a lot for all the speakers who submitted their talks! Due to the limited time slots, only 60 of them could be accepted. Final schedule will be announced in a week from now. Secondly, the online registration opened on July 5th, 2010, and over a thousand participants registered within the first 85 minutes. That is very impressive! I would say it’s a very good start for the joint event! We’re now looking at ways to accept more people or make the event available also to people who couldn’t get a seat at the conference.
Digital Freedom Foundation TuxTyping Openoffice.org OpenSource Bangalore COPU Schools Tsinghua University Life FOSSASIA GNOME FreeCulture JoomlArt! Tortoise OpenInstitute Hong Kong OER Normal University FOSS opendata Gcompris OpenClipart Woman in FOSS hackerspace Rur-ple Community Mozilla BJGUG EFD Survey Gdium Vietnam KDE Digital Italc Phnom Penh LUG CFD Oracle Lemote Hackfest SFD OmegaT LEAD Poedit Novell Projects SFD Summit Animals OpenSuse Cambodia softwarefreedomday Google Hackerspaces HFD BLUG Conference Code-in Localization HK Linux programming in schools Hardware Education Kolourpaint Greenboard Culture Freedom Day Phnom Penh
- Bob: Well, March 29th is the Arduino Day… – http://day.arduino.cc/
- Gripen: Hi Pockey, It was a great day in PolyU. But i think you should have much promote with local IT blogger, IT...
- Karen Sandler: That’s great, Pockey – and what an adorable bear
- Fred: Don’t worry, we’ll make sure you will be running F20 for SFD. Today’s attempts were not very...
- Sumana Harihareswara: I will be in Hong Kong for Wikimania; I hope our paths cross so we can chat!