After months of preparation and working with COSCUP team (a local co-organizer from Taiwan), COSCUP / GNOME.Asia 2010 is going to be hosted next month on August 14th and 15th in Taipei. I would like to share with you a few updates. Firstly, a total of 90 talks were received before June 25th, 2010, thanks a lot for all the speakers who submitted their talks! Due to the limited time slots, only 60 of them could be accepted. Final schedule will be announced in a week from now. Secondly, the online registration opened on July 5th, 2010, and over a thousand participants registered within the first 85 minutes. That is very impressive! I would say it’s a very good start for the joint event! We’re now looking at ways to accept more people or make the event available also to people who couldn’t get a seat at the conference.
Hackfest Greenboard Oracle OmegaT DFF OpenClipart OpenSuse Bangalore Code-in FSF EFD OpenInstitute Digital HFD Culture Freedom Day programming in schools hackerspace Woman in FOSS Localization LEAD Digital Freedom Foundation BLUG Mozilla softwarefreedomday opendata Hong Kong Google Italc Phnom Penh FOSS BJGUG Tortoise Kolourpaint FOSSASIA Cambodia CFD GNOME Projects Video Software Freedom Day Hackerspaces Animals Survey OpenSource Tsinghua University SFD Summit Gdium JoomlArt! Novell Schools COPU Poedit KDE TuxTyping HK Community Lemote Gcompris Normal University Vietnam FreeCulture OER Conference Rur-ple Hardware SFD Phnom Penh LUG Education Openoffice.org Life Linux
- Julien: Nice event, congratulations guys
- Harish Pillay: Congratulations on a successful event. I am glad that the Fedora 22 and 21 DVDs I sent over came in...
- Bob: Well, March 29th is the Arduino Day… – http://day.arduino.cc/
- Gripen: Hi Pockey, It was a great day in PolyU. But i think you should have much promote with local IT blogger, IT...
- Karen Sandler: That’s great, Pockey – and what an adorable bear