After months of preparation and working with COSCUP team (a local co-organizer from Taiwan), COSCUP / GNOME.Asia 2010 is going to be hosted next month on August 14th and 15th in Taipei. I would like to share with you a few updates. Firstly, a total of 90 talks were received before June 25th, 2010, thanks a lot for all the speakers who submitted their talks! Due to the limited time slots, only 60 of them could be accepted. Final schedule will be announced in a week from now. Secondly, the online registration opened on July 5th, 2010, and over a thousand participants registered within the first 85 minutes. That is very impressive! I would say it’s a very good start for the joint event! We’re now looking at ways to accept more people or make the event available also to people who couldn’t get a seat at the conference.
Hong Kong Novell Localization BJGUG Gcompris JoomlArt! Tsinghua University Normal University Digital Freedom Foundation Rur-ple SFD Summit OmegaT Vietnam EFD softwarefreedomday OER SFD Mozilla Greenboard FreeCulture opendata COPU Schools hackerspace TuxTyping Poedit GNOME Openoffice.org Tortoise FOSSASIA Animals FOSS Conference LEAD BLUG programming in schools OpenSource Culture Freedom Day Kolourpaint CFD Survey Hackerspaces Lemote Italc Education Community KDE Bangalore Google Code-in Projects Digital OpenInstitute Hardware Life OpenClipart OpenSuse Phnom Penh LUG Woman in FOSS Linux Gdium HFD Oracle Hackfest Cambodia HK
- Bob: Well, March 29th is the Arduino Day… – http://day.arduino.cc/
- Gripen: Hi Pockey, It was a great day in PolyU. But i think you should have much promote with local IT blogger, IT...
- Karen Sandler: That’s great, Pockey – and what an adorable bear
- Fred: Don’t worry, we’ll make sure you will be running F20 for SFD. Today’s attempts were not very...
- Sumana Harihareswara: I will be in Hong Kong for Wikimania; I hope our paths cross so we can chat!