After months of preparation and working with COSCUP team (a local co-organizer from Taiwan), COSCUP / GNOME.Asia 2010 is going to be hosted next month on August 14th and 15th in Taipei. I would like to share with you a few updates. Firstly, a total of 90 talks were received before June 25th, 2010, thanks a lot for all the speakers who submitted their talks! Due to the limited time slots, only 60 of them could be accepted. Final schedule will be announced in a week from now. Secondly, the online registration opened on July 5th, 2010, and over a thousand participants registered within the first 85 minutes. That is very impressive! I would say it’s a very good start for the joint event! We’re now looking at ways to accept more people or make the event available also to people who couldn’t get a seat at the conference.
OpenSource Kolourpaint TuxTyping Hong Kong COPU Digital SFD Summit HFD Life Lemote Hackerspaces FreeCulture Openoffice.org Tortoise JoomlArt! Oracle EFD HK Mozilla Woman in FOSS Conference Localization OER SFD Schools Education OpenClipart FOSS Tsinghua University CFD OmegaT Survey Cambodia Phnom Penh LUG opendata FOSSASIA Digital Freedom Foundation softwarefreedomday Google OpenSuse Community Italc OpenInstitute LEAD KDE Hackfest BLUG Vietnam Code-in Gdium BJGUG Bangalore Novell hackerspace Linux Culture Freedom Day Greenboard Hardware Animals Poedit Gcompris programming in schools GNOME Rur-ple Normal University Projects
- Bob: Well, March 29th is the Arduino Day… – http://day.arduino.cc/
- Gripen: Hi Pockey, It was a great day in PolyU. But i think you should have much promote with local IT blogger, IT...
- Karen Sandler: That’s great, Pockey – and what an adorable bear
- Fred: Don’t worry, we’ll make sure you will be running F20 for SFD. Today’s attempts were not very...
- Sumana Harihareswara: I will be in Hong Kong for Wikimania; I hope our paths cross so we can chat!