After months of preparation and working with COSCUP team (a local co-organizer from Taiwan), COSCUP / GNOME.Asia 2010 is going to be hosted next month on August 14th and 15th in Taipei. I would like to share with you a few updates. Firstly, a total of 90 talks were received before June 25th, 2010, thanks a lot for all the speakers who submitted their talks! Due to the limited time slots, only 60 of them could be accepted. Final schedule will be announced in a week from now. Secondly, the online registration opened on July 5th, 2010, and over a thousand participants registered within the first 85 minutes. That is very impressive! I would say it’s a very good start for the joint event! We’re now looking at ways to accept more people or make the event available also to people who couldn’t get a seat at the conference.
Bangalore FOSS Code-in OmegaT Projects Lemote FSF OpenSuse OpenSource Schools Localization Survey Rur-ple OpenInstitute Conference Hackfest Education JoomlArt! SFD CFD hackerspace FreeCulture HK Gcompris softwarefreedomday Digital Freedom Foundation Digital BLUG Hong Kong Vietnam SFD Summit Cambodia FOSSASIA EFD Poedit TuxTyping Video Normal University Culture Freedom Day Tortoise GNOME Phnom Penh COPU Mozilla HFD Greenboard programming in schools Life BJGUG OER Italc Kolourpaint Hardware Community Novell Google Linux Woman in FOSS opendata Oracle Tsinghua University Animals KDE LEAD Gdium Hackerspaces OpenClipart Openoffice.org Phnom Penh LUG
- Bob: Well, March 29th is the Arduino Day… – http://day.arduino.cc/
- Gripen: Hi Pockey, It was a great day in PolyU. But i think you should have much promote with local IT blogger, IT...
- Karen Sandler: That’s great, Pockey – and what an adorable bear
- Fred: Don’t worry, we’ll make sure you will be running F20 for SFD. Today’s attempts were not very...
- Sumana Harihareswara: I will be in Hong Kong for Wikimania; I hope our paths cross so we can chat!