After months of preparation and working with COSCUP team (a local co-organizer from Taiwan), COSCUP / GNOME.Asia 2010 is going to be hosted next month on August 14th and 15th in Taipei. I would like to share with you a few updates. Firstly, a total of 90 talks were received before June 25th, 2010, thanks a lot for all the speakers who submitted their talks! Due to the limited time slots, only 60 of them could be accepted. Final schedule will be announced in a week from now. Secondly, the online registration opened on July 5th, 2010, and over a thousand participants registered within the first 85 minutes. That is very impressive! I would say it’s a very good start for the joint event! We’re now looking at ways to accept more people or make the event available also to people who couldn’t get a seat at the conference.
Schools SFD Openoffice.org Hackerspaces TuxTyping programming in schools Rur-ple Digital Freedom Foundation FOSSASIA Hackfest Bangalore Greenboard BLUG Poedit Hong Kong FreeCulture Localization Tortoise LEAD Italc HFD HK Culture Freedom Day Animals Lemote Mozilla OpenSource Tsinghua University softwarefreedomday OpenClipart Google EFD Normal University JoomlArt! CFD Survey Kolourpaint Cambodia Linux hackerspace KDE Conference FSF Phnom Penh LUG OmegaT FOSS Code-in Video Vietnam Gdium GNOME OpenInstitute Gcompris OER Life Education opendata OpenSuse COPU Projects Hardware SFD Summit Woman in FOSS Digital BJGUG Phnom Penh Oracle Community Novell
- Bob: Well, March 29th is the Arduino Day… – http://day.arduino.cc/
- Gripen: Hi Pockey, It was a great day in PolyU. But i think you should have much promote with local IT blogger, IT...
- Karen Sandler: That’s great, Pockey – and what an adorable bear
- Fred: Don’t worry, we’ll make sure you will be running F20 for SFD. Today’s attempts were not very...
- Sumana Harihareswara: I will be in Hong Kong for Wikimania; I hope our paths cross so we can chat!