After months of preparation and working with COSCUP team (a local co-organizer from Taiwan), COSCUP / GNOME.Asia 2010 is going to be hosted next month on August 14th and 15th in Taipei. I would like to share with you a few updates. Firstly, a total of 90 talks were received before June 25th, 2010, thanks a lot for all the speakers who submitted their talks! Due to the limited time slots, only 60 of them could be accepted. Final schedule will be announced in a week from now. Secondly, the online registration opened on July 5th, 2010, and over a thousand participants registered within the first 85 minutes. That is very impressive! I would say it’s a very good start for the joint event! We’re now looking at ways to accept more people or make the event available also to people who couldn’t get a seat at the conference.
Digital Lemote Greenboard LEAD BLUG Tortoise SFD Community Hackfest Conference Localization Italc SFD Summit Normal University TuxTyping Woman in FOSS Hong Kong OER Bangalore opendata programming in schools Linux OpenClipart Animals Survey BJGUG Gcompris Openoffice.org EFD Google Education Rur-ple Code-in FOSSASIA Vietnam CFD Culture Freedom Day Life Tsinghua University OmegaT OpenSuse FreeCulture Novell COPU GNOME Poedit Projects HFD Cambodia Digital Freedom Foundation HK Mozilla KDE OpenSource FOSS Kolourpaint Phnom Penh LUG Oracle Hackerspaces OpenInstitute Gdium JoomlArt! Hardware Schools hackerspace softwarefreedomday
- Bob: Well, March 29th is the Arduino Day… – http://day.arduino.cc/
- Gripen: Hi Pockey, It was a great day in PolyU. But i think you should have much promote with local IT blogger, IT...
- Karen Sandler: That’s great, Pockey – and what an adorable bear
- Fred: Don’t worry, we’ll make sure you will be running F20 for SFD. Today’s attempts were not very...
- Sumana Harihareswara: I will be in Hong Kong for Wikimania; I hope our paths cross so we can chat!